Are you getting the best out of your mascara? Here are some simple tips to prefect your makeup routine
Don’t pump your mascara wand in and out, this will push air into the tube and cause your mascara to dry out faster. Swirl!!!
Replace you mascara every three months for hygiene reasons and generally it will dry out around this mark and won’t perform as well. Sorry ladies it doesn’t last forever.
Brand new mascara will be very wet, and there can often be excess product on the brush so blot the brush with a tissue before application to avoid clumpy lashes.
Apply mascara to your lower lashes first.
Wiggle and zig-zag the brush through the lashes slowly, from the base to the tips. This gives better coverage, separation and length than lightly brushing the mascara on repeatedly.
Layer waterproof mascara on top of your regular formula to make your mascara last longer and make it easier to remove at the end of the day
Mascara brushes are as important as the formula. Curved brushes help with curling, fat brushes are great for volume, and small straight brushes are excellent for definition and separation.
Soak your mascara tube in a cup of hot water to make the formula more liquidy instead of clumpy. This will make the formula thinner and easier to apply.
If you get mascara on your skin, always wait for it to dry completely before buffing it off with a cotton bud otherwise it will smudge.
Blue eyes, try a brown or bronze mascara and deep purple mascara for green eyes. Brown eyes try a navy or blue mascara.
If you weren’t blessed with long sexy lashes, hello welcome to the club. I have think I missed a memo, maybe like 10. My lashes are short and sad but its okay the beauty industry caters for me. Ladies with short lashes we have 4 options Mascara, False Eyelashes, Eyelash Extensions or Eyelash Growth Serums.
Mascara most likely the most popular way we enhance their eyelashes. there is such a huge range out there, in seconds you can achieve instant length, volume, and curl.
- Replace your mascara every three months.
- Wiggle your mascara up in a zig-zag motion from the base of your lashes for full application and separation. No clumping!
- Apply a second coat while the first one is still wet.
- Remember to remove your mascara, its essential for lash health.
For amazing perfect lashes say hello to falsies. Glue on flashies will give you the extra length and volume that mascara can’t. I’m a lover of falsies.
- Remember to measure your lashes, some false eyelashes need to be cut to fit the lash line. If your falsies are too long at the edges will make the eyes look droopy.
- Falsies are the last step to eye makeup
- Allow the glue to slightly dry for ten seconds or so before placing it on the eye.
- Hold the corners down gently while the glue sets to avoid lifting.
For a more “permanent” option, consider eyelash extensions. Individual lash extensions are glued on to individual natural lashes by a beauty therapist. Eyelash extension last about 4 -6 weeks. I used to get them all the time but I ended up going back to Falsies because it was easier to maintain. Plus I use eyeliner daily and extensions are a big fan of eyeliner.
- Choose the right salon. This is not something you want to do on the cheap.
- Avoid using mascara on your extensions, and keep eyeliner to a minimum.
- Removing of eye makeup can loosen the bonds of the glue, and cause lashes to fall out prematurely.
- Gently wash your lashes daily after the first 24 hours.
- Comb through your lashes with a clean mascara wand daily to separate them. You must do this step or they get tangled!!
- Return to your beauty therapist every two to three weeks for maintenance. Loose lashes will be removed, and new lashes applied where necessary.
- If you would like to remove all of your eyelash extensions, go back to the salon to avoid lash breakage.
EYELASH GROWTH SERUMS
I’ve never used lash growth serums but they have gained popularity in the last few years. Prices vary, and products can be purchased from pharmacies, beauty and salons. Daily application is required for four to six weeks, then twice weekly usage will maintain your results.
- Precise application is essential.
- Be patient. Expect visible results within four to six weeks.
- You should still invest in a great mascara to further enhance lashes.
- This will strengthen the natural lashes and prevent breakage.
I’ve never tried eyelash growth serums, I’m not against it, I just haven’t really be motivated to try. I love my falsies, I mix it up all the time and where different lashes to get different effects. Eyelash extension was a luxury that I tired for a while, It does look nice but because I have short sad lashes it doesn’t look as amazing are other people, so for me falsies are best.
Life has been bit busy at the moment because my close friend is getting married SATURDAY!! So let’s have Quickie….
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick is getting more shades to extend her already AWESOME lippy. 16 new Liquid Lipsticks on July 16.
Get them from Sephora
Hourglass Hourglass Holiday Palette that has just been revealed. Australian do not fear the Limited Edition Palette will be released at Mecca , & online on the 10th November and will be retailing for $132.
Too faced released there 2015 fall collection online recently! There is an eyeshadow palette which features 3 combinations of 5 eyeshadows with a sweet heart pattern. They also released the new born this way foundation and new BLUSH.
Get them from Too Faced
MAC are about to launch their new range MAC Veluxe a Trois Collection Fall 2015. This includes new limited edition lipsticks, Cremesheen Glass, eyeshadow,
Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash and Haute & Naughty Waterproof lash
U.S. Launch Date– 20 August 2015 at MAC Stores
Europe Launch Date – August 2015 at MAC Stores and online
New products to Hit Australia
L’Oreal Paris introduce their Infallible Matte Foundation and matching Primer. There are already rave reviews for this one!
Bourjois have extended their Rouge Edition line to include the Aqua Laques.
Benefit Cosmetics’ have now has a range of shades in their They’re Real! mascara and eyeliner collection
Thanks for the quickie